[NEWS] Is it okay for the CEO to have a consensual relationship with an employee

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
TheButcher
Site Admin
Referrals: 1

[NEWS] Is it okay for the CEO to have a consensual relationship with an employee

Post by TheButcher » November 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm

McDonald' CEO Steve Easterbrook has left and is replaced by Chris Kempczinski as President and CEO. So what do you think of any CEO having a consensual relationship with an employee. personally I see nothing wrong in this, if 2 adults want to have a relationship that is their business. It is not as if it does not happen all the time in many companies. I believe we all worry too much about other epoples' relationships and sex lives.

My 2 cents.

(NEW YORK) — McDonald’s chief executive officer has left the company after violating company policy by engaging in a consensual relationship with an employee, the corporation said Sunday.

The fast food giant said former president and CEO Steve Easterbrook demonstrated poor judgment. McDonald’s forbids managers from having romantic relationships with direct or indirect reports.

In an email to employees, Easterbrook acknowledged he had a relationship with an employee and said it was a mistake.

“Given the values of the company, I agree with the board that it is time for me to move on,” Easterbrook said in the email.

McDonald’s board of directors voted on Easterbrook’s departure Friday after conducting a thorough review. Details of Easterbrook’s separation package will be released Monday in a federal filing, according to a company spokesperson.

The board of directors named Chris Kempczinski, who recently served as president of McDonald’s USA, as its new president and CEO.
Related Stories
Ideas
The Fascinating Way Popeyes Comes Up With New Items Like That Chicken Sandwich Everyone Is Obsessed With
Newsfeed
The Popeyes vs. Chick-fil-A Memes Are the True Sandwich Battle Winners

Kempczinski was instrumental in the development of McDonald’s strategic plan and oversaw the most comprehensive transformation of the U.S. business in McDonald’s history, said Enrique Hernandez, chairman of McDonald’s board, in a statement.

“Steve brought me into McDonald’s and he was a patient and helpful mentor,” Kempczinski said, thanking him for his contributions.
from https://time.com/5717218/mcdonalds-ceo- ... ationship/

Jessup

Post by Jessup » November 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Can a company put that in their employment contract?

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » November 5th, 2019, 11:04 am

Jessup wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm
I guess otherwise it would not be enforceable

nlinks

Post by nlinks » March 3rd, 2020, 5:40 pm

people are not allowed to fall in love with co-workers?

Russ

Post by Russ » April 19th, 2020, 9:04 am

"consensual" end of question period

aehageman

Post by aehageman » April 21st, 2020, 12:02 pm

Jessup wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm
You can put whatever you want in a contract?

aehageman

Post by aehageman » April 21st, 2020, 12:04 pm

Russ wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 9:04 am
"consensual" end of question period
WRONG!

He signed a contract agreeing to NOT do this and that if he did that it would end the contract.

Has NOTHING to do with LOVE or consensual!!

Jag

Post by Jag » June 29th, 2020, 6:47 am

For me it seems fine but others obviously have a totally opposite opinion.

From Malta with love and sunshine

aehageman

Post by aehageman » July 2nd, 2020, 11:05 am

Jag wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:47 am
For me it seems fine but others obviously have a totally opposite opinion.
Not going after you, but your statement to me is part of the big issue in your society today.
It has NOTHING to do with opinion.

Sure it is okay for a CEO to have consensual relationship with his employee.
However, if it is a violation of his contract with the corporation, then it is not okay with the CEO's contractual relationship with the corporation which the agree was made.

There may reasons that corporations create these agreements with their employees. It is protection for the corporation against the ME TOO! movement. If the corporate employees are NOT having relationships with other employees, then there will not be any issues with the ME TOO! people.

When you take a job or contract you are responsible for reading the agreement and then following it.

If this agreement states 'do not wear blue' and you wear blue, then YOU are in the wrong, period. You made a promise, an agreement and then you violate/broke the agreement when you wore blue.

This is NOT an opinion, this is a fact of law.

If you have an opinion this is not correct, well I ask do you shower after you shit or just use a piece of paper to clean that spot? Is it then my opinion you have shit on your ass or is it a fact?

Look up the difference between opinion and fact.
Fact = we need air to breath.
Opinion = we need clear air to breath.